Dragon Month Q & A with the Fabulous Sarah Nicolas on her 2015 release Dragons Are People, Too

I am so excited for this anticipated 2015 Dragon Release.
Dragons Are People, Too
by Sarah Nicolas


Add to your Goodreads shelf

Sarah Nicolas Q & A with Fallon:

1. What is The Name of Your New YA Dragon Book?


Dragons are People, Too. It was supposed to be a working title, but I think it's going to stick.

2. When can readers expect to get their hands on it?

Spring 2015

3. What Inspired the name of your book?

My best friend and I were on the back porch, carving pumpkins for Halloween. I was asking her about comp titles for the book I had written previously. She replied, very enthusiastically, "Dragons are People, Too!"

"I, um," I stuttered. "I don't think I've read that one."

"Oh, I just made it up."

"Just think about it," my brain said to me as I slid a knife through the poor pumpkin. "Dragon shapeshifters. Dragons are literally people, too. We could totally write that."

4. I read The synopsis and am excited that your take on Dragons seems fresh and completely different. What inspired the concept?

See the answer to number three. ;-) 

5. Who is the publishing Company?

Entangled Teen

6. When will we get to see a cover reveal?

Haha, I think you are filled with as much anticipation as I am! I'm not sure, though, possibly early 2015.


7. How long did the book take to write and how much research did you have to do?

I did a good amount of reading about the different dragon myths from all over the world. Did you know that almost every major culture has some sort of dragon-like creature in their mythology? Once the research was complete, it took me about three months to write the first draft - but about a year to edit it.

8. Will this be a standalone or a series?

I intend for it to have at least one sequel.

9. What age did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I'd always been interested in writing, but I fell away from it during college. I started taking my writing seriously about five years ago.

10. How much do you love Dragons?

I have always loved dragons, every since I was a very small Sarah! I'm fascinated by all of the dragon mythology and simply can't get enough of them!

About Sarah:
Sarah is a 30-year-old YA author who currently lives in Orlando, FL. She believes that some boys are worth trusting, all girls have power, and dragons are people too.

She's a proud member of the Gator Nation and has a BS in Mechanical Engineering, but has switched careersentirely. She now works as an Event Coordinator for a County Library and is the Publicity Director of Entangled Embrace. She also blogs at YAtopia and video blogs at the YA Rebels.

You can find Sarah here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag