Blog Tour The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall ~ Q&A & Review by Fallon


 I was so ecstatic when Penguin contacted me to be part of this tour. I have been wanting to read The Conspiracy of Us for awhile now. This looked different than anything out right now. I am featuring the THE CONSPIRACY OF US by Maggie Hall Blog tour with Q&A! 

Check out the Tour Schedule for more awesome posts!


4 Out of 5 Stars

Author Description:

A fast-paced international escapade, laced with adrenaline, glamour, and romance--perfect for fans of Ally Carter

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war. Part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle, they believe Avery is the key to an ancient prophecy. Some want to use her as a pawn. Some want her dead.

To unravel the mystery putting her life in danger, Avery must follow a trail of clues from the monuments of Paris to the back alleys of Istanbul with two boys who work for the Circle—beautiful, volatile Stellan and mysterious, magnetic Jack. But as the clues expose a stunning conspiracy that might plunge the world into World War 3, she discovers that both boys are hiding secrets of their own. Now she will have to choose not only between freedom and family--but between the boy who might help her save the world, and the one she's falling in love with.

Add to Goodreads TBR:  Goodreads

Fallon's Review:

Thank you Penguin for providing me a copy to review for the tour! 

Avery is a normal girl who has had to move a lot. She is crushing pretty hard on the new kid Jack. He invites her to prom and she says, "no." Then Avery's mom tells her they will be moving yet again and she decides she will go to prom since this will be her last fun moment there. Her mom has a business trip and tells Avery she can not go to the prom and to stay home. She can go to prom next year in Maine. Avery does go to prom and things spiral into crazy from that moment on.

A dashing and intimidating boy named Stellan shows up at prom and approaches Avery for a dance. Jack soon interrupts and they start fighting over who will be taking Avery. Avery freaks out and wants answers that no one is ready to give her. Stellan wins and takes Avery to Paris on a jet to meet her family she never knew she had. In a conspiracy even the players may not know the real game. 

I could not get enough of The Conspiracy of Us. Avery's reaction to all the crazy things happening around her was so very realistic you found yourself relating to this character. This book had non-stop action with swoon worthy boys. Maggie Hall wrote an intriguing world you wanted to unravel and discover. She even had The Conspiracy built into Greek Mythology and History which made this book all the more incredible. This was Bond meets National Treasure with a feminine touch! I can not wait for the mystery to continue in book 2. I am giving this 4 out of 5 stars.

Buy Links:



Q&A with Author Maggie Hall:


1. What inspired The Conspiracy Of Us? 

I wanted to write a book I wanted to read. I love international thrillers—things like The DaVinci Code, or James Rollins’ or Steve Berry’s books. The constant action, the international locales—they’re so exciting and so much fun. But I wanted to do that in YA, with a normal girl thrown into these insane situations (and, of course, with a bunch of kissing). ;) And so CONSPIRACY was born!

2. What is the one place you would love to visit that you have not been to yet? 

I’ve never been to South America, and I’m really excited to go. Brazil! Argentina! Uruguay! Chile! So many other great countries! It’s so beautiful, and I’ve heard the people are wonderful and the food is good—what’s not to love? It's absolutely next on my list. 
  
3. Do you prefer a bad boy, forbidden love or prince charming? 

Forbidden love. Always. I just love obstacles in my romance, and though I adore a bad boy who can banter with the heroine and turn her hate to love, even that relationship is so much better if there’s a reason they can’t be together. Then it’s so much more satisfying when they finally are! 

4. What is your favorite Genre to write? 

I love adventure, and I love romance. So I guess CONSPIRACY is pretty much my ideal—a romantic thriller. I am easily bored, so I love being able to write action scenes until I feel like doing something else, then write kissing! I think they complement each other well. (And in the future, if I write any other genre, I’m pretty sure it will never not include romance.) ;) 

5. What advice would you want to give aspiring writers? 

Write. So obvious, I know, but it’s true. Aspiring writers get too caught up in the publishing side of things sometimes, but you’ll learn that that will happen in time—it’s the writing you really need to work on first. Finish a book. Edit that book. Get critique partners and take their suggestions and edit some more. Edit until it’s the best it can be. Then query it if you want. But if that doesn’t work out? Write another one. Most writers aren’t published immediately, and it is so important to keep writing and keep learning and realize that publication will happen in time, but that you have to have a handle on the writing first of all. 

About Maggie:

Hello! I'm Maggie Hall. I'm a YA writer. 

My debut novel THE CONSPIRACY OF US, which features scheming and code-breaking, Paris and Istanbul, and forbidden love and fate, is coming from Putnam/Penguin January 13, 2015. It's the first in a trilogy.

I've just come back to Albuquerque, NM after a year of traveling around the world with my husband.

(My author photo right here was taken on a beach in Morocco.) 
à

When I'm home, you can usually find me DIY-ing something off Pinterest, or learning to cook new, delicious things, or watching USC football. (Fight on!)

I've stopped blogging at my writing blog, but you can find me elsewhere: 
-Chat with me on Twitter, at @MaggieEHall
-Find travel and cat and food photos on my Instagram at @maggieehall
-See my writing Pinterest board (and a bunch of foodie and design boards) on my Pinterest
-Check out Game of Thrones and Teen Wolf gifs and the occasional book news on my tumblr
-Hang out with me and a dozen other YA writers at YA Misfits
-Read about my round-the-world adventures on our travel blog (where my husband does most of the blogging) at It's Adventure Time

Comments

  1. I just finished this up last night and I had mixed feelings about it. Overall, I thought it was ok, but there were a lot more questions for me than were answered. I think there was just a little TOO much going on. I didn't get all the answers that I wanted from it, there was a lot more to know. I think that maybe, even though I loved the audio because I adore Julia Wheylan, I probably should have read it, instead of listened to it. I definitely want to know what happens next, and it'll probably be the case of me re-reading before reading the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that way about All Fall Down but was so glad this had more going on and that the reactions were believable. I am excited for book 2. I can not do Audio at all.

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about The Conspiracy of Us and love the Q&A

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review