Out Of The Ashes (The Ending #3) by Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue ~ Review by Fallon


4 Out of 5 Stars

Author Description:

Hope brought them together, but it's now fear that drives them...and threatens to tear them apart.

Zoe and her companions succeeded in rescuing Dani from the Colony. But not without sacrifice. Beaten and broken, they head west, determined to leave behind the torment and horrors they experienced in Colorado.

As Dani and Zoe make the perilous trek home to Bodega Bay, they learn that danger can take many forms--other survivors, their friends, even themselves--and that things are rarely what they seem. Zoe is desperate to become the woman she sees in others' memories, while Dani struggles to conceal damaging secrets, risking losing herself--her humanity--completely. Together, they must rediscover the true meaning of friendship, love, and trust, and learn just how hard they're willing to fight for what remains of their shattered world.

As relationships are put to the test, second chances are given, and new life emerges, death lurks in the most unlikely of places. To survive, Dani and Zoe must accept that sometimes hope alone isn't enough.
 

Fallon's Review:

Zoe has lost her memory and that starts a blowup of emotions in this third book to The Ending Series. Dani feels like she lost her best friend. Jake is angry and jealous since Zoe is spending time with anyone who does not feel let down by her new condition. Jason is trying his best to null Zoe's ability so she does not tap into all the emotions and memories around her. 

This is another great read of survival in a world unknown. They have to travel a long way and find many unknown dangers along the way. Dani finds herself drifting more and more and soon becomes addicted to drifting especially at night. Nobody thinks anything of this until they come across others with Dani's ability and realize that they have become very wild like the animals they connect with. Will Dani be able to kick this addiction and need? Will Zoe get her memory back? 

I loved Out of Ashes every last page of it. So much happens and relationships are put to the test. We get a new POV and it comes in the form of rugged handsome Jake. I however am a Jason and Dani fan so felt sad I did not get his POV too. This was a intense read and you will love every moment. I can not wait for book for to The Ending Series.



Comments

  1. Thanks for the great review, as always! We start book four next week :) GAHHH! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the author description of this makes me want to read books 1 and 2 so I can read 3. It reminds me of the Walking Dead since they have lots of relationship issues. I don't always read reviews because I don't want the book to be ruined for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do non spoiler reviews but it is hard when you get to the third book. You will love this series Amy

      Delete
  3. Fantastic review, I haven't heard of this series yet so I had to skip some parts of the review, but from what I read this sounds like a series I'd love! Definitely adding it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book is amazing. My husband intorduced me to the series and said you have to read this and I kept saying Yah I will get to it. Within the first 20 pgs of book 1 you are glued. It made our top 10 for this year

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon