The Queen (The Selection 0.4) by Kiera Cass ~ Review by Fallon


4 Out of 5 Stars

Author Description:

Before America Singer's story began, another girl came to the palace to compete for the hand of a different prince….
Don't miss this digital original novella set in the captivating world of Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series. This prequel story takes place before the events of The Selection and is told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother, Amberly. Discover a whole new Selection with this inside look at how Maxon's parents met—and how an ordinary girl named Amberly became a beloved queen.
Fallon's Review:

Amberly is in the selection and hoping to win the heart of Prince Clarkson. She knows what she wants and has had her heart on Clarkson as long as she can remember. Girls in this competition do not find the selves among friends. This was an interesting new set of fresh girls. The Queen is cold and that made the story very interesting.

I enjoyed getting to know Clarkson's back story on what made him the man he had become. I loved Amberly even more after reading this. I did however wish the story lead up till Maxon's birth. I felt there were some issues that came up that maybe could have had more clarity through the story continuing. That being said Kiera Cass can never write anything I would not want to devour and cherish. I loved every second and this was a fun read. I am giving it 4 out of 5 stars.




Comments

  1. Ohhh I really want to read this. I have a bad opinion on the King for the way he treated Maxon, so I'm curious to see if this story will change my perception on him. And Amberly, what's not to love about her? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this short story and want more when you are done

      Delete
  2. Eee I can't wait to read this! I like that your review was quick and to the point. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much I could have said but I did not want to spoil this for anyone else. :)

      Delete
  3. I've yet to read any of this series, but I want to. I really like the fact that you included something both positive and negative in your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved The Selection and The One but The Elite was ok.

      Delete
  4. liked why you like certain characters more after reading this

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds interesting enough. Despite the one part of Maxxon's birth I think I would still read it seeing as Fallon still gave it four stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great it just needed to be longer

      Delete
  6. I haven't been the biggest fan of this series, but I feel like it's one that I didn't give much of a fair chance and I now feel like I could go back and pick up the books and re-read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Selection series but I haven't read any of the novellas yet. This sounds like it would be interesting especially since its told from the point of view of Prince Maxon's mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this one and I have read all the other novellas.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag