Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes ~ Review by Fallon


5 Out of 5 Stars

Author Description:

Olivia

He tilts my chin up so my eyes meet his, his thumb brushing lightly across my lips. I close my eyes. I know Z is trouble. I know that being with him is going to get me into trouble. I don’t care.

At least at this moment, I don’t care.


Tossed from foster home to foster home, Olivia’s seen a lot in her sixteen years. She’s hardened, sure, though mostly just wants to fly under the radar until graduation. But her natural ability with computers catches the eye of Z, a mysterious guy at her new school. Soon, Z has brought Liv into his team of hacker elite—break into a few bank accounts, and voila, he drives a motorcycle. Follow his lead, and Olivia might even be able to escape from her oppressive foster parents. As Olivia and Z grow closer, though, so does the watchful eye of Bill Sykes, Z’s boss. And he’s got bigger plans for Liv…

Z

I can picture Liv’s face: wide-eyed, trusting. Her smooth lips that taste like strawberry Fanta.

It was just a kiss. That’s all. She’s just like any other girl.

Except that she’s not.

Thanks to Z, Olivia’s about to get twisted.

Fallon's Review:

Olivia is a foster child who just landed herself a new family. Everything behind closed doors is not as it seems especially for a girl transferred from home to home. Olivia does not want to form attachments. Her last family she thought wanted to keep her and make her apart of their family. Until they had to move away and left her behind. Olivia now finds herself at a new school.

Trust is not something Olivia has. Olivia is something of a computer whiz and finds herself competing with a boy named Z in her class. He is cocky and always one ups her. He seems to have a way of getting under her skin. Z thinks he has Olivia pegged until he realizes she is nothing like she seems.

Chemistry is building between Olivia and Z who have both been brought up on the wrong side of the tracks. Will they be able to find a way out from their form course and find a way to be together?

This was an adorable enchanting story that had some very real and emotional topics. I stayed up all night reading this in one sitting. I adore Vivi's writing style and Entangled knows how to find and publish the swoon worthy books we want to read. I am giving this book 5 Out of 5 Stars.
 




I am so excited to read Vivi Barnes new Release Paper or Plastic so come back and check out what I thought on Feb. 12th. In the meantime check out the adorable trailer!



Also if you want to meet Vivi in person you will have a chance at the 11 YA Author Public Signing I have organized. If you are near Fort Meyers FL on Feb 26th 2015 this is an event you do not want to miss. There will be tons of raffle YA prizes with purchases that evening at B&N.


Here is the link to the event page for more info



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag