Unleashed (Uninvited #2) by Sophie Jordan ~ ARC Review by Fallon


5 Out of 5 Stars

Author Description:

Unleashed, the romantic, high-stakes sequel to New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan's Uninvited, is perfect for fans of James Patterson's Confessions of a Murder Suspect.

Davy has spent the last few months trying to come to terms with the fact that she tested positive for the kill gene HTS (also known as Homicidal Tendency Syndrome). She swore she would not let it change her, and that her DNA did not define her . . . but then she killed a man.

Now on the run, Davy must decide whether she'll be ruled by the kill gene or if she'll follow her heart and fight for her right to live free. But with her own potential for violence lying right beneath the surface, Davy doesn't even know if she can trust herself.
 

Fallon's Review:

Unleashed starts off with Davy, Sean and friends trying to make their way into Mexico. It is a shot in the dark but they are in search of a life without the Killer label. Crossing the border is dangerous and the government has upped their patrols to prevent HTS carriers from crossing. Davy soon finds herself separated from the group. 

Davy must discover who to trust. She finds a new friend in a boy named Caden who saves her. Her attraction to him will not distract her. She is determined to make it across the border to reunite with Sean and her friends. Not all is as it seems though.

Unleashed was unpredictable and fast paced. Sophie kept me on my toes and I loved every minute. The new guy is all sorts of swoon worthy. I love Davy's journey into find a place she can belong and not hide from who she is. She has learned to adapt from the girl who was perfect in everyone's eyes to a survivor. 

Sophie gave me everything I needed and more. Towards the end I got nervous since there were only so many pages and I did not want the book to end. It is amazing what she fit into the end of this book and you will not be disappointed. Unleashed reminded me why I loved the first and then it just got even better. Uninvited was amazing and all things awesome and Unleashed blew it away!!!! I am still having a book hangover. I think in March I need to reread them both together. I am giving Unleashed 5 Out of 5 Stars! 



Watch the Trailer for Uninvited




Comments

  1. I loved Uninvited and so excited for Unleashed :)

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished rereading Uninvited, getting myself ready for Unleashed. There's another GUY?! But what about Sean? He's my man. Nothing better happen to him. I'm a bit confused to one thing. Is Unleashed the last of the books or are they're going to be more? I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it though. I was really hoping I wasn't going to be disappointed. Thank you Fallon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only two books to the series. She wraps up everything at the end. I loved Sean too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag