Tawney Thursday: Return to Me Review


  • Return to Me by Kelly Moran
  • Print Length: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Berkley 
  • Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Description: Ten years ago, Cole Covington was just another rich kid who got everything he wanted—including young and trusting Mia Galdon. Then one night everything changed, and two hearts were shattered. Cole buried his guilt in the military, where love was just part of the past. Now Cole has come back home, emotionally damaged, guarded, and unprepared for what’s waiting for him…

At the urging of Cole’s sister, Mia has returned to the Covington family’s coastal home in Wilmington as a private nurse to help Cole recover. With her uncertain personal life at a crossroad, Mia doesn’t have the luxury of saying no to the job. And she soon finds out that the attraction is still alive. So are memories of betrayal. But Mia will discover more than the power of resilience. She’ll discover a secret Cole has held for years, one that will force them to confront the past and give new meaning to letting go, forgiveness, and a future worth fighting for.
 


Tawney's Review:   Return to me is a sweet love story of second chances. It's been a while since I found a book that brought on all the emotions.


I was hooked at the first page. Return to Me starts off with Cole fighting for his life in Iraq. 


His unit just got blown up and he is the only survivor. The last thing he thinks of before falling unconscious is his lost love, a girl named Mia. Due to his Iraq deployment he's been very difficult because of his PSD. He doesn't want to get better. He's locked himself away in his house and doesn't want any help. Enter Mia..



Mia needs money to help support her younger sister so she takes on the job of helping Cole. And here is where the drama unfolds. We find out that Cole and Mia met at Cole's house in the summer as teenagers. They fell in love but because they came from two different worlds, Mia's mother worked for Cole's parents, their love ended with their hearts' broken.





Both Cole and Mia are wonderful characters. It breaks my heart to see Cole go through his guilt. Moran did a wonderful job at describing and showing survivor's guilt.

I loved how the story flashed from present to past, where we can see Mia and Cole's first meeting, their love start to blossom and  unravel. This helped make me fall even more in love with them! Usually in some stories flashbacks tends to drag but it didnt in this book. I wanted those flashbacks. I wanted to see their love story and what happened. They had a connection and I yearned for them to get back together and have their happy ever after. 

I never really was interested in second chance love stories, because I never really believed in it. This book makes me believe. The sacrifices  people take for love is strong. That was evident for Mia and Cole.

Return to Me was a sweet and emotional romance that finally gave me the romance I yearned for! Moran did a wonderful job developing the characters and bringing realistic conflicts to the story. I will definitely be reading more from her. Bring on the emotions!



This book also made me want to help our soldiers who suffer so much after coming home from war. My Dad is a war vet and I know other veterans so maybe I will reach out to an organization to help out. Any ideas?



A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag