Need by Joelle Charbonneau ~ ARC Review by Fallon


Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: November 3rd 2015 
by HMH Books for Young Readers
ISBN13: 9780544416697
Source: ARC from Publisher
Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars


Goodreads Description:

"No one gets something for nothing. We all should know better."

Teenagers at Wisconsin's Nottawa High School are drawn deeper into a social networking site that promises to grant their every need . . . regardless of the consequences. Soon the site turns sinister, with simple pranks escalating to malicious crimes. The body count rises. In this chilling YA thriller, the author of the best-selling Testing trilogy examines not only the dark side of social media, but the dark side of human nature.

Fallon's Review:

Thank you to the Publisher for sending me an ARC for review. This in no way affects my opinion in my review.

Need had non-stop twist and turns. I was so excited when Joelle announced her concept for this book and that it was going to be completely different then her Testing Trilogy. I loved the Testing Trilogy but wanted to see what she was going to do next and Joelle did not disappoint. I am still amazed at how many POV's Need has and how they intertwine and still you do not get lost.


Need was a fast paced heart pounding read and I pictured this vividly coming to life on a screen one day as I read it. I usually do not read thrillers but this one was not too intense and was done in just the right way that it will appeal to almost anyone. I am loving the Standalones after coming off of reading so many trilogies. Need follows a bunch of teens who sign up for a sight and state what they need and are then given tasks. You know right away nothing good is going to come of this. Of course most kids think they need a lot of things that in reality they do not. 


Joelle takes the concept of Social Media and ups the ante. This definitely makes you think how much are we letting people we have never seen or met into our lives through the internet. I am excited to read what Joelle delivers next and I will patiently await a movie someday of this story. I am giving Need 2 thumbs up!




Buy Links:


About the Author
I am a storyteller at heart. I have performed in a variety of operas, musical theatre and children's theatre productions across the Chicagoland area.

While I'm happy to perform for an audience, I am equally delighted to teach private voice lessons and use my experience from the stage to create compelling characters on the page. I am the author of the Rebecca Robbins mystery series (Minotaur Books), The Paige Marshall Glee Club mysteries (Berkley) and The Testing YA triology (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt).

Facebook * Twitter * Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag