Blog Tour: #Win Among The Shadows Excerpt featuring Phoebe North with #Giveaway
- A Backwards Story- Excerpt- Lenore Appelhans
- Bookhounds ya- Excerpt- Beth Revis
- The Book Cellar- Excerpt- Joelle Charbonneau
- The Cover Contessa- Excerpt- Kelly Fiore
- Fiction Fare- Excerpt- Lydia Kang
- Ohana Reads- Excerpt- Demitria Lunetta
- It Starts At - Excerpt-Geoffrey Girard
- The Bibliophile Chronicles- Excerpt- R.C. Lewis
- Creatyvebooks- Excerpt- Justina Ireland
- Please Feed The Bookworm- Excerpt- Mindy McGinnis
- Seeing Double In Neverland- Excerpt- Phoebe North
- She Dreams in Fiction- Excerpt- Gretchen McNeil
- Curling Up With A Good Book- Excerpt- Kate Karyus Quinn
We are so excited to have Phoebe North on the blog! Do not forget to check out her excerpt and then enter her Giveaway for Among the Shadows at the bottom of the post.
Title: AMONG THE SHADOWS
Author: Various Authors
Pub. Date: September 14, 2015
Formats: Paperback, eBook
Even the lightest hearts have shaded corners to hide the black thoughts that come at night. Experience the darker side of YA as 13 authors explore the places that others prefer to leave among the shadows.
So many amazing Authors in this book and we are so excited to have one of them Phoebe North on the blog today
The Cowbird Egg
By Phoebe North
Mommy and Daddy didn’t notice the stranger’s arrival. After all, the history was there. In the photographs that lined the staircase walls, a pair of infants was wrapped in their identical baby buntings. In the ultrasound that was still pinned to the fridge with a magnet shaped like a ladybug, two tiny boys curled round one another like shadows in love. To them, he had always been there, their blue-eyed boy, hair the color of the guts of a rhubarb pie. To them, their sons had always come in a matched, if contrasting, set.
But Davy noticed. That night, when the specter passed through and placed the other boy down in Davy’s crib, he woke and screamed, edging to the far end of the thin mattress, pulling himself up the bars. His little mouth, frantic, twisted and he squeezed his fists through the wooden slats, groping toward his bedroom door for Mommy. She finally came, Bean snarling at her heels. She picked Davy up, rocked him, humming tunelessly for a moment. He closed his eyes, shielding himself from the nightmare—from the spirit child tucked inside his bed.
But then Mommy stopped, Davy still clutched to her chest, and reached down, caressing the other boy’s cheek with the back of her manicured fingers. He let out a small baby yawn, mewling. The child was real, then.
is the author of Starglass and Starbreak, available from Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers. She lives in the Hudson Valley with her daughter, her husband, and her cat.
1 Paperback of AMONG THE SHADOWS & Signed Swag Pack! US Only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway