Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Reads if you loved The Hunger Games


Thank you The Broke and the Bookish for organizing the fun Top Ten Tuesday and for the meme!




September 29th Topic ~ Top 10 Reads if you loved The Hunger Games!

I loved experiencing The Hunger Games and it kicked off a wave of Dystopian craze in the YA industry. I am going to bring to you today the 10 Dystopian's I thought stood out enough to be in the same category as The Hunger Games.







1. The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau - 
What I loved about this series was the consistency throughout. Every book had a great story and an edge that set it apart.




2.Legend by Marie Lu - 
This series was heart breaking and raw. I devoured the realistic qualities and fierce nature to survive that Marie captured in this entire series.




3. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - 
This is one of my all time favorite series. Veronica mixed elements that were very different from the other Dystopians and had a very fantasy quality. I devoured this series and it will forever stay on my bookshelf. 




4. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien - 
I loved this series where Caragh portrayed a girl that was not beautiful and bared scars but she had qualities that made her far more appealing then those around. This was a story that also was very different where midwives must deliver a quota of babies to the wall inside. This series has so many twist and turns and moments of raw emotion.



5. After The Ending by Lindsey Pogue and Lindsey Fairleigh - 
I am obsessed with this series. This is an older audience dystopian not for young teens. A disease wipes out majority of the population and the ones that have survived are not the same. They have abilities and almost none are alike. This was fast paced and was a dystopian with a hero and villain feel.



6. Shatter Me by Taherh Mafi -
This Dystopian focused much more on the personal conflict within rather then I think a whole. It was original and you got a glimpse into the mind of a girl who had to live a life of isolation and just wanted the contact and really craved the emotional necessity in human contact.




7. Eve by Anna Carey -
This was a fantastic story about these orphans who have the wool pulled over their eyes. They believe completely in their society and that they have the best intentions until things start to be uncovered and things are not as they have been told.



8. The Selection by Kiera Cass -
This story was so different from the rest. You have a world around that is falling apart and the King puts on contest for the princes hand as a way to placate the people. America was such a fierce character that enters to be one of the girls never thinking she would make it. This story had moments of unrest but was fun and flirty as well.



9. Wither by Lauren Destefano - 
Lauren created a very unique concept in that every female and every male knew the age they would die. Girls do not live past 20 and boys do not live past 25. Women are a commodity for the race to survive and money is power but can only buy so much.



10. Blood Red Road by Moira Young -
I loved how Fierce Saba was in this series. Also I love the unrest in nature that this series has like Under the Never Sky. I am intrigued by Nature so for me these elements really set those two series apart from the other dystopians.



Come back next week for 10 Bookish Habbits I want to quite!

Comments


  1. Marie Lu's Legend series caused me many hours of sadness and being anxious for characters, it brought me to tears as well. I love that series. Same goes for the Shatter Me series. The Selection, while I did enjoy it didn't have the same impact as the others since it was a bit fluffier than most Dystopian books. Great list. :)


    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that is why I picked The Selection for my list is that it was so different from the others

      Delete
  2. Amazing selection, more than half I have read and the others I have been dying to squeeze in between my other reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you definitely should squeeze them in

      Delete
  3. Don't kill me but I haven't read The Hunger Games. I have tried 3 times to get into it but to no avail. I have enjoyed The Selection and Shatter Me and want to read Under the Never Sky. I'll have to check out the others! I love pretty covers and these have pretty covers!
    Thank you for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list ! I haven't read almost all of the books on there :( They'll definitely be on my tbr now

    Heres my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! I read a few of these, Shatter Me, Under the Never Sky, and Legend! Really liked them and yet, I've never read the Hunger Games!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blood Red Road is an excellent read alike for The Hunger Games!
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i still need to read the Hunger Games lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so want to read some of these! Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/top-ten-tuesday-24/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man EVERYONE picked Hunger Game :) Wither was so good, but I was so disapointed by the sequel I didn't even bother with the third.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/09/ten-books-to-read-if-you-liked-uprooted.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag