Skip to main content

Tawney Thursday: Lost Stars Review

I have always been a Star Wars fan.


I wasn't a fan of the books. I never really wanted to read them until now. The new Star Wars movie has awaken (see what I did there?) my inner child and I want all thing Star Wars now! So I decided to pick up Claudia Gray's Star Wars book called Lost Stars. I'm so happy that I did.



  • 5 out 5 Stars
  • Age Range: 12 - 18 years
  • Grade Level: 7 - 12
  • Series: Journey to Star Wars: the Force Awakens

This thrilling Young Adult novel gives readers a macro view of some of the most important events in the Star Wars universe, from the rise of the Rebellion to the fall of the Empire. Readers will experience these major moments through the eyes of two childhood friends--Ciena Ree and Thane Kyrell--who have grown up to become an Imperial officer and a Rebel pilot. Now on opposite sides of the war, will these two star-crossed lovers reunite, or will duty tear them--and the galaxy--apart?
Star Wars: Lost Stars also includes all-new post-Star Wars: Return of the Jedi content, as well as hints and clues about the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, making this a must-read for all Star Wars fans.



Tawney's Review:



I was hesitant at frist to read this book because I didn't know what to think. A whole new universe is opening up to us with the new Star Wars movie. I didn't want my childhood ruined again as it was when seeing Star Wars 1-3.



But I was glad I picked this book up! It was epic! Claudia did a fantastic job at bringing her own style to the Star Wars universe. She created two new character, Thane Kyrell and Ciena Ree, who are drawn to the New Empire. We follow Thane and Ciena through very familiar territory and beyond what we know happened in the Star Wars saga. (Excitement dance!)



Claudia takes us through Thane and Ciena's live from the moment they meet to after Return of the Jedi! It was so interesting to see what it was like through the entire Galactic Civil War and seeing Alderaan *tears, sniff sniff* being destroyed. Claudia did a wonderful job at connecting the new characters with old ones. It was fantastic to see these new characters perspective of the Star Wars Trilogy. Not to mention the surprise characters that popped in throughout the book. I won't mention who. No spoilers here! 



Don't let the Romeo and Juliet blurb fool you. Sure there is romance. Who doesn't like that? But there is way more to it than that. Adventure, action, and STAR WARS! The characters are well written and relatable. Both Thane and Ciena want to leave their homes to join the Imperial Academy. But as Alderaan is destroyed and the Death Star looms they grow distant. Thane joins the Rebellion and Ciena is loyal to the Empire. Will their love prevail such a divide? I just couldn't put this book down. Darth Vader would have to pry it out of my hands for me to stop reading.


I really loved this book. It was everything I had hoped it would be. This book is perfect for any age. Any Star Wars fan should read Lost Stars because you won't be disappointed. And if you've never read or seen Star Wars this book is perfect for you! It's great for first timers. A galactic adventure awaits you at every turn of the page!

amazon 

About Claudia

Claudia Gray headshotClaudia Gray is a pseudonym. I would like to say that I chose another name so that no one would ever learn the links between my shadowy, dramatic past and the explosive secrets revealed through my characters. This would be a lie. In truth, I took a pseudonym simply because I thought it would be fun to choose my own name. (And it is.)
I write novels full-time, absolutely love it, and hope to be able to do this forever. My home is in New Orleans, is more than 100 years old, and is painted purple. In my free time I read, travel, hike, cook and listen to music. You can keep up with my latest releases, thoughts on writing and various pop-culture musings via TwitterTumblrPinterestGoodReadsInstagram or (of course) my own home page.
If you want to contact me, you can email me here, but your best bet is probably to Tweet me. I don’t do follows on Twitter, but I follow everyone back on Tumblr, Pinterest and GoodReads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review