Top Ten Tuesday: 10 things that scare you in books


Thank you The Broke and the Bookish for organizing the fun Top Ten Tuesday and for the meme!




October 27th Topic ~ Top 10 things that scare you in books

Now if you know me I do not like scary books but I am going to give you my list of things I do like in books that scare me.


1. Snakes. Ok so the books I read this past year that had snakes and it freaked me out were Awakening by Shannon Duffy and Alive by Scott Sigler



2. Now Awakening also had clowns which completely freak me out. Awakening was an adrenaline fast paced read and I loved it.


3. Disease freaks me out and scares the crap out of me but I also find it fascinating. So one of my favorite series is After the Ending. This is an intense and edge of your seat read.


4. There were some intense and scary creatures outside the walls in Gates of Thread and Stone and Infinite. 


5. There were some creatures in An Ember in the Ashes that scared me but also added a whole nother element to the story.



6. Vault of Dreamers was intense and scary in the fact that can you ever really trust people around you. This was a heart pounding psychological thriller and I loved it.


7. I found this book very creepy and intense but it had an old classic feel to it. Kind of like an even more intense Hitchcock but with a modern twist and a science fiction element.


8. I love a great mermaid tale and this one did not disappoint but these are meaner and more aggressive mermaids then the ones in most tales.


9. Need had me on the edge of my seat the entire time I read it and I never saw half of the things coming. It was a very intense read.



10. The Arum in the Lux series were freaky and intense alien life that I found the perfect element to balance the Lux.




Come back next week November 3:  Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel 


Comments

  1. Miss Peregrine's is on my TBR, it looks so good! :) Snakes scare me as well, so it might be safest to stay away from those books...
    Here's my TTT on the best magical creatures: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/top-ten-tuesday-28-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine's. So creepy, but good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh great picks!! Vault of Dreamers was creepy! Hoping I'll remember the details of it for when the sequel finally releases next year! While the Arum were creepy in the Lux books, if you've read Obsession, you will see them in a whole new light! And just wow! But really if you had one of the hot aliens protecting you, nothing seems that scary after all! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read Obsession ;) and I love Hunter but when first reading they were weird and creepy.

      Delete
  4. Sweeeeeet! Happy to be on this list. Scaring is my business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stoping by and there were so many other heart pounding moments in Alive that I never would have seen coming

      Delete
  5. Books/movies about diseases completely freak me out. I'm one of those people that's much more freaked out by things that actually could happen in real life than books about ghosts or zombies or anything like that. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ember In the Ashes has been in my TBR for quite sometime so I am glad its in your list was it a good book?
    ADVANCE HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    Here's mine I hope you check it out :) MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I loved An Ember in the Ashes and am so excited for book 2. I fell in love with every character good or bad.

      Delete
  7. no no no no no - no clowns! lol ;) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clowns are so creepy and this books clown was very creepy

      Delete
  8. Not generally into books that freak me out (I only barely made it through The Hunger Games!) but Vault of Dreams does sound like a fascinating read. I might have to brave it just to see if the story lives up to the hype I've heard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the psychological aspect of Vault of Dreamers. Not everyone loved the fact that it is not wrapped up in a neat bow at the end. I liked that though.

      Delete
  9. I really have to finally read Miss Peregine's!
    Great list, thanks for the recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon