The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry ~ Review


The Love That Split the World by 
Hardcover400 pages
Expected publication: January 26th 2016 
by Razorbill
Source: ARC from Publisher
Rating: 2 Out of 5 Stars


Goodreads Description:


Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves. 
 
Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start…until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right.
 
That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau.
 
Emily Henry’s stunning debut novel is Friday Night Lights meetsThe Time Traveler’s Wife, and perfectly captures those bittersweet months after high school, when we dream not only of the future, but of all the roads and paths we’ve left untaken.

Review:

Thank you Penguin Teen for sending me an ARC for review. This in no way affected my opinion.

The Love That Split the World started off a little slow and I could not get into the Grandmothers stories. I also did not care for the religious comparison. It completely threw me off and I thought this was going to be a romantic science fiction. While there was a love story and that was one of my favorite parts. I thought the characters in the book were written very well. I enjoyed the current story and even liked the twist. I however wish the last chapter never existed. It felt cliche and like a cop out to provide a happy ending.

I finished The Love That Split the World since it is a quirk of mine to not give a book 100% then how do you know how you really feel. That being said this was very hard to finish. I had to really force my way through. My favorite part was the middle where you had more of the friendship, and relationship dynamics. I also thought the concept of her trying to discover what was happening was explained in an overly confusing and complicated way. I just could not get into this one. 


Pre-Order:

Comments

  1. Awe, I'm sorry this one did not work for you. It looks really good too. Well I hope your next read is much better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag