Dreamfire & Dreamfever (Dreamfire #2) by Kit Alloway ~ Review


Dreamfever (Dreamfire #2) by 

Hardcover320 pages
Published February 23rd 2016 
by St. Martin's Griffin
Source: Hardcover provided by the Publisher
Rating: 5 Out of 5 Stars

Finding out that she is the True Dream Walker hasn't gone at all the Joshlyn Weaver would have expected it to. The only special gift she seems to have is an ability to create archways, which really isn't that special. In addition to her inability to connect with the Dream, she has also started having nightmares that are so terrible she can't tell anyone about them. Not even Will.

Just when Josh thought her life couldn't get any more complicated, the lost dream walker princess returns to claim her parents' right to the throne, right as the Lodestone party threatens to take control of the government during the upcoming Accordance Conclave.

With the clock running down, Josh must rely on not only her friends, but also her enemies, to stop the radicals from taking power and controlling the Dream. But how can she expect to save everyone else when she's struggling to pick up the pieces of her own shattered life?
 


Review:

Thank you St. Martin Press for sending me Dreamfire and Dreamfever for review. This in no way affected my opinion.

This series had me spinning all around. I loved the fact that Author Kit Alloway kept me on my toes through out both books. These books had so many twist and turns. Just when  you thought one thing you find something else to be true. 

The pacing was a little slow at first but that did not matter once it picked up I was hooked and could not put it down. I love when an author has a true voice and knows the world in and out. Kit did not over explain but built the world and it radiated through the pages. 

I was so happy  that Dreamfever had more then on POV it gave the world and story a more rounded angle and I felt I got the bigger picture. Josh got more intense in the second which also had me drawn in. She starts having very bad nightmares and nobody knows what is happening to her. The books scary and disturbing dreams reminded me a little of Awakening which I read last year and loved. Not that the rest of the book is similar I just got that vibe.

This book is a roller-coaster ride that you will not want to end. I am excited to see what Kit Alloway writes next. This is a must read.

Buy Here:


Book 1 Dreamfire 



Buy Here:



About the Author:

I live in Louisville, Kentucky with my family and four Chihuahua mixes.   When I'm not writing, I'm quilting, reading, and endlessly trying to improve my house.  (Flooring?  Sure, I can lay flooring!  How hard can it be?)  I'm the daughter of a professor and a film historian, and I grew up seeing a lot of movies.  Currently, I'm taking my first ever college English literary criticism course, which is opening my mind in all sorts of exciting ways.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag