Starflight (Starflight #1) by Melissa Landers ~ Review


Starflight (Starflight #1) by 
Hardcover358 pages
Expected publication: February 2nd 2016 
by Disney-Hyperion
Source: Finished Copy provided by Publisher
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars



Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world—and each other—the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...


Review:

Thank you Disney Hyperion for sending a copy of Starflight for review. This in no way affected my opinion.

I love Melissa Landers Alienated series. Starflight was great but the relationship dynamics felt a little similar to Alienated series. Both couples could not stand each other at first but then become drawn to each other due to circumstance. Now do not get me wrong I love that in Melissa's writing and loved the banter in Starflight. It was my favorite part of the book. 

I wish the world building had been as strong in Starflight as it was in the Alienated series. Normally I do not like to compare but these concepts seemed a little similar and close enough releases for my mind to not drift to comparing. 

I will definitely be reading this entire series because I think the story will only continue to build and I am excited to see where this story continues to go. Another aspect I like was the thought of space pirates and the pirates scenes are so awesome. I was so excited rooting for Doran and the scene really swept me up. Solara is so fiesty and I do love a fiesty female lead. I like the fact she does not let circumstance define her life and she is determined to create her own destiny.

This book will make you laugh and smile since it is so witty and snarky in all the right ways. I wish the ending had left with a tiny bit of a cliffhanger so I was really drawn into needing book 2. I want to read more but it is not at the same level as a must read would be. 


Buy Here:

Comments

  1. OOh nice! I have this and her Alienated series that I still need to read! Now I'm not sure which one to start with. But I am eager to read both of these series! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag