Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Book I Enjoyed Recently That Weren't My Typical Genre



Thank you The Broke and the Bookish for organizing the fun Top Ten Tuesday and for the meme!



February 23rd: Ten Book I Enjoyed Recently That Weren't My Typical Genre




These are listed in order of most recently finished to farthest out. 




1Blackhearts by 
I loved everything about this book. This was the best out of 
genre book I have read so far. 





2. Red: The True Story of Red Riding Hood by 






3. Up to This Pointe by 
I am not a huge contemporary fan but this book caught my eye. I loved the way the author meshed the before and then current timelines. I did not see some of the things that happened coming which was refreshing. This was a fun fast read.





4. Passenger (Passenger #1) by 
I am usually not a Historical fan and while this one was a slow burn it swept me up and won me over in the end.






5. Arrows by 
 I had to read this book when it said it was incorporating Greek Mythology in a contemporary book. I am a huge Greek Mythology fan. This book was more contemporary but was so fun and flirty.







6. Vengeance Road (Vengeance Road) by 




7. The Inventor's Secret (The Inventor's Secret #1) by 
I have not read to many Steampunk books but this book tops all to come. I loved this books so much. Great banter and incredible dialog between characters.




8. First & Then by 
I am not a huge contemporary fan but was sent this for the Fierce Reads tour to read for an interview. I am so glad since this book was amazing. It was so fun. It reminded me of the light and fun and funny quality of 80's movies. It was definitely modern just had that feel.




9. Need by 
I loved Joelle's Testing series. Not just the books themselves but her writing and pacing throughout so I knew I had to get a copy of Need. It was so different for her but I loved it. It was thrilling and I never saw the twist and turns coming.







10. Tracked (Tracked #1) by 
Tracked was a book I had no idea what to think going in. I liked the fact it was compared to Fast and the Furious although it felt more like Speed Racer to me but with a higher court. There are kingdoms and princes and political elements. This book has so much more then I ever could have hoped for and I can not wait for book 2 Marked.






Come back next week March 1: Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For magic 

Comments

  1. Great list! I don't really like YA contemporary but I might pick up First and Then this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Up to this Pointe, Passenger and Arrows as they look SO GOOD. Glad you enjoyed these! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Definitely different reads for me but ended up really liking them

      Delete
  3. Several of these are on my TBR list, even though a couple of them (Like Vengeance Road and Passengers) aren't really in a genre a read :p Great list!

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out the last week of our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The awesome thing about Vengeance Road is there is no YA Western genre so it is unique and special and true to the western feel.

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about Blackhearts, and Up To This Pointe has such a distinctive cover. I'm not always a huge fan of contemporary either but I've read some good ones lately. And Need- I liked that one a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackhearts is one of my new favorite books. I am already campaigning for the sequel. It is a absolute must read.

      Delete
  5. OOoh nice! Haven't read quite a few of these, but I did like Passenger despite a mix of reviews! Blackhearts is another I can't wait to get to! Which it could make this list for me the next time around as well! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag