Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse ~ Review


Where Futures End by 

Hardcover304 pages
Expected publication: February 9th 2016 
by Kathy Dawson Books
Source: ARC provided by Publisher
Rating: 3 Out of 5 Stars



Goodreads Description:

Five teens.
Five futures.
Two worlds.
One ending.

One year from now, Dylan develops a sixth sense that allows him to glimpse another world.

Ten years from now, Brixney must get more hits on her social media feed or risk being stuck in a debtors' colony.

Thirty years from now, Epony scrubs her entire online profile from the web and goes “High Concept.”

Sixty years from now, Reef struggles to survive in a city turned virtual gameboard.

And more than a hundred years from now, Quinn uncovers the alarming secret that links them all. 

Five people, divided by time, will determine the fate of us all. These are stories of a world bent on destroying itself, and of the alternate world that might be its savior--unless it's too late.
 Review:

Thank you Penguin Teen for sending me a copy of Where Futures End. This in no way affected my opinion in my review.

The first Novella was intriguing and drew me in but the writing felt like third person which after a while was confusing me a little. I wanted the first story to be more concise and build the world a little more. I however loved the Alice in Wonderland references and also this book had a Matrix feel to it which I digged. Dylan's story was an important part as he was woven throughout all the other Novella's.

Brixney's story was one of my favorite's and I wanted more. I felt like that Novella stood apart and even though it was intertwined those characters would have held an entire book on their own. This 2nd Novella had more emotion then the others and really drew out emotions the others were lacking.

I felt Epony and Reef's stories were the least intriguing and left me with more questions then answers. Then Quinn the final Novella tries to reel it all back in. The ending was fitting and I enjoyed 3 out of the 5 stories and 2 were just ok. I think they are all important and the author did a great job at creating such different and complex characters that one I do not like maybe the one you relate to and love.

This book will have you all twisted around and reading through the pages to figure out how far down the rabbit hole these characters have gone. This is a ride you will take unlike any other out there. I have to recommend my followers to read this book. It is so different and Parker Peevyhouse has such a different writing voice that it is so refreshing to see. I look forward to reading her next book.

Buy Links:


About the Author

Parker Peevyhouse lives with her family in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she has worked as an instructor and tutor and currently volunteers with teens. She can usually be found wandering local trails, playing board games, or watching science fiction movies. Her first novel, WHERE FUTURES END, will be published by Penguin/Dawson in early 2016.





Find Parker Peevyhouse here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag