Blog Tour: The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi



I am so excited to be a part of The Star-Touched Queen blog tour. This book ended up being just as stunning as it's cover.


The Star-Touched Queen 
by 
Hardcover342 pages
Published April 26th 2016 
by St. Martin's Griffin
Source: ARC Provided by the Publisher
Rating: 5 Out of 5 Stars



Read Synopsis and add to TBR:
Goodreads


Review:

Thank you St. Martin Press for sending me an ARC for review. This in no way affected my opinion.

The Star-Touched Queen was such a spell binding magical tale that had me flying through the pages captivated by the world Roshani created. This book was nothing like I thought it would be. I was nervous it would be too dark for me. I loved the middle eastern mythology and fell in the love with the characters from page 1. 

This book had so many layers that flowed and blossomed as it went. Maya was such a loyal and fierce character who had been judged from the moment she was born, and not justly. Amar had me swooning. Seriously so much depth to this character. 

This book is a must read for fans of mythology and fantasy. Roshani painted a world like a dream and nightmare come to life where the beauty bleeds and penetrates the night and the dark.



Have you always been drawn to Mythology and what are some of your favorite
mythological tales? What myth specifically inspired Star-Touched? Always! I was raised
on mythology. It was one of the most important outlets for me to connect to my
Filipino/Indian heritage. My favorite Indian myths are Shakuntula, Nala and
Damayanti, and Savitri. My favorite Filipino story is the Igorot tale of the Sky
Maiden. My favorite Western myth is Hades and Persephone. TSTQ was
specifically inspired by Hades & Persephone.

Buy Links:




Q&A with Roshani Chokshi

1. Have you always been drawn to Mythology and what are some of your favorite mythological tales? What myth specifically inspired Star-Touched? 

Always! I was raised on mythology. It was one of the most important outlets for me to connect to my Filipino/Indian heritage. My favorite Indian myths are Shakuntula, Nala and Damayanti, and Savitri. My favorite Filipino story is the Igorot tale of the Sky Maiden. My favorite Western myth is Hades and Persephone. TSTQ was specifically inspired by Hades & Persephone.


2. What is the best writing advice you have ever received?


Write things. Finish them. (Neil Gaiman)


About the Author:

Roshani Chokshi comes from a small town in Georgia where she collected a Southern accent, but does not use it unless under duress. She grew up in a blue house with a perpetually napping bear-dog. At Emory University, she dabbled with journalism, attended some classes in pajamas, forgot to buy winter boots and majored in 14th century British literature. She spent a year after graduation working and traveling and writing. After that, she started law school at the University of Georgia where she's learning a new kind of storytelling.​ The Star-Touched Queen is her first novel.

Pinterested in THE STAR TOUCHED QUEEN? Check it out here! 


Have you always been drawn to Mythology and what are some of your favorite
mythological tales? What myth specifically inspired Star-Touched? Always! I was raised
on mythology. It was one of the most important outlets for me to connect to my
Filipino/Indian heritage. My favorite Indian myths are Shakuntula, Nala and
Damayanti, and Savitri. My favorite Filipino story is the Igorot tale of the Sky
Maiden. My favorite Western myth is Hades and Persephone. TSTQ was
specifically inspired by Hades & Persephone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review