Seeing Double In Neverland #BEA16 and #BookCon16 Recap Wednesday - Saturday

This is my first time attending BEA and I got to attend with my co-blogger / Husband who also edits and records Tristan's reviews.




Wednesday recap!


We spent hours hanging out by this beautiful booth to get in.


Me and my sister. Even though she is no longer part of the blog I love spending sister time with her.


Day 1 book haul. Super excited for these beauties. I was pretty picky since I like YA and mainly Fantasy but we grabbed some MG for our MG blogger and Joey did grab a couple adult books he was interested in. The MG already built the Incredi Builds Humpback Whale that came in the bag pictured above and wants me to buy him some more. I also got him a signed copy of Rebel Genius he was excited for. One of his top 5 books he was happy for was The Cove book 2 in the picture. I was on the list for The Diabolic and was happy to get it sooner at BEA. Frostblood was at the top of my list to get at BEA due to all my blogger friends buzz on this tile. The Forgetting was new to me but I love Sharon Cameron and fantasy so this one I was so happy about. YAY I got Three Dark Crowns. Brittany Book Rambles had a #BBTC on twitter featuring this with teasers and I knew I needed it *Swoon*! I am on the pre-pub blog tour for Shadow Bright and Burning so I was happy to have this one too. Day 1 was awesome. 


Night life with my sister in Chicago and with book friends. Had a blast finally meeting Kelly from Bookcrushin and with her we got so meet Sophie and Stephanie publishers from Canada Luzerne Rousse I was so excited to finally meet the adorable Kacey Vanderkarr and I adore books, with her I got to meet a new blogger Natalie Better Call Your Bookie 


That was is a wrap for Wednesday!

Thursday Recap!

Thursday was an awesome day for meeting Authors. I had a blast seeing faces I knew and some I was getting to meet in person for the first time.



I have met Kristin Simmons a bunch of times and was so happy to see her friendly face first thing in the morning Thursday. I was so happy to finally meet Sarah Porter. I first featured her on my blog 3 years ago for mermaid month and am excited for her new venture.


I first met Brandon at Yallfest this past fall and I now want to read all his books. My MG blogger was so excited for the Fablehaven series and he has already worn his backpack to school. I heard great things about Jennifer Brody's book so I was excited to meet her and get the 13th Continuum signed and she even gave me an arc of book 2.



I always love seeing Tahereh and she always looks so fashionable and adorable, I am super excited to read Furthermore.


I finally got to meet Zoraida and she is so freakin sweet and adorable,


Me and Lori M. Lee and Keira Drake 





My book haul for day 2

This was an awesome day and thank you to all the publishers. I have been wanting Metaltown, Vassa in the Night, Caraval, The Continent and Heartless for some time now. I also found some other awesome titles that had not been on my radar. I am excited for Furthermore and so is my MG reader. He was also very excited for Iron Man and that was my top book I had to get him at BEA. Day 2 was awesome and I got a mixture of really great titles. Thank you so much to Flatiron for the invitation to the Cocktail hour and the bag of goodies with one of my most anticipated reads. 




The Fierce Reads party was a blast. I adore Caleb and loved getting to know him better. I used this party as an oppertunity to see blogger friends and hang out with authors I love but I definitely networked with professionals yo do not get to meet everyday. Thank you so much Fierce Reads for inviting me and my co-blogger to attend.


Thank you so much for the amazing goodies. I was so excited for Heartless!



Loved walking the streets of Chicago with my two favorite people. Me and Morgan do not get to see each other as much now that I moved away. Being in Chicago was good experience and I got to see her even though I am sad she is not on the blog anymore she will always be my Book Bestie 



Friday Recap!


I love Danielle Paige. She is one of the sweetest people. I wish we could have coordinated our schedules but maybe next time. Lani Taylor is awesome and her book is one of my most anticipated reads.






I got to meet Jay Kristoff and Oh how I adore Adam Silvera



Always a pleasure to see Melissa De La Cruz. I got 1 copy of Return to the Isle of the Lost for me and my MG to share. I got to meet Amy Lukavics is so cute. 


 YES Sabaa I got Torch Against the Night and it is top of my TBR. Thank you for always chatrting with me on messenger. I adore Sabaa as a writer and as a person.


I met Sara Shepard. Yes this happened



Yes at the end of the day Penguin rocked our world and gave us a happy hour in booth. My muscles and feet thank you!




Day 3 book haul

ok so my MG is obsessed with the Magnus Chase thermos and has used it non-stop since I got home. so day 3 was awesome just for the fact I got Torch Against the Night and Stealing Snow. I also got some other great fantasy reads so thank you to the Publishers. My sister already had an arc of the Problem with Forever so thank you for your copy. My MG has already been sleeping with his Werewolf weekend flashlight Little Brown gave him and he was so excited for that read.


Tristan picked his 5 books he was most excited to dive in right away. 
So thank you to all the publishers for these.

BEA was a great experience and now we have to start reading all these amazing titles, so stay tuned for our reviews.


BookCon


Met these awesome peeps behind us and I swear that was such a highlight and this is my favorite picture my entire trip.


First in line awesomeness was getting my series signed by Aimee and Jay!



BookCon with my hubby / co-blogger. I got The Reader and am excited to add this one to my TBR. I did not get as many pictures at BookCon since it was way more hectic. I got a HC of Everland since I gave a fan my arc I was reading in line at BEA, who was not attending Bookcon. So that became priority. I was so happy to see Wendy's lines around the corner. I got to meet Pierce Brown. Then I played a game at Harper but realized when I got home the book I won is a 5th book in a series I have not read. Bookcon was so crazy and I am not sure if it is my cup of tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Marvels by Brian Selznick ~ Review by Fallon

The Tsar's Guard Spotlight Tour: #International #Giveaway #win The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye - art & Swag