Savage by Thomas E. Sniegoski ~ Review


Savage by 
Hardcover416 pages
Published May 31st 2016 
by Simon Pulse
Source: ARC Provided by Publisher
Rating: 4 Out of 5 Stars


Synopsis:

The future is looking bright for Sidney Moore as she as she gets ready to leave the small island of Benediction behind for one of Boston’s top veterinary programs. There are some bumps in the road to navigate—her father’s recovery from a debilitating stroke, and her own guilt for ending her relationship with her high school boyfriend, and having to leave behind her deaf German shepherd, Snowy—but she’s always been strong willed, with a passion to achieve her life’s dreams.

Now a storm is bearing down on Benediction—a hurricane that will bring devastating winds and rain, rising tides…and something else.

Something deadly. Something that will transform all the things that creep, crawl, and flutter into instruments of terror and death.

The future is looking bright for Sidney Moore. All she has to do is survive the storm.


Review:

Thank you Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy of Savage for review. This in no way affected my opinion.

I normally do not read thrillers but this on spoke to me. While reading this book I could not sleep and was shaking like a leaf. It took me a bit to stop staring into every crack in my house. Thank you Thomas for that. I also really enjoyed the different POV's from others in the town so you got a complete picture of everything that was happening.

I however, did not think this story was singularly focused on Sidney and I also believe this story is more then a YA novel. I think this is for adults too. I think my favorite POV and most creepy was the hoarder. I was like omg I used to love watching that show and the author gave a perfect visual. Then imagine something creepy going down in that mess. I was glued.

This is a must read for thriller fans and those who are reluctant thriller readers. I wish the ending had been as creepy as the beginning and kept that level. I think the one upping what was already creepy was not necessary but that was very minor and only happened in the last couple chapters. This however would be my number one thriller recommended book and I already have my father reading it who is a huge fan of thrillers.



Buy Links:


About the Author:

THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before the Apocalypse, hit the shelves in 2008, with its sequel, Dancing on the Head of a Pin to be released in 2009. 

Sniegoski's work for younger readers includes Billy Hooten: Owlboy, and the fantasy quartet OutCast, which he co-authored with Christopher Golden. OutCast is in development as a film at Universal. Sniegoski and Golden have also collaborated on the adult dark fantasy series The Menagerie, and multiple creator-owned comic book series, including The Sisterhood, which is being prepped for a feature film by InterMedia, and Talent, currently in development at Universal after a major bidding war.

As a comic book writer, Sniegoski's work includes Stupid, Stupid Rat Tails, a prequel miniseries to international hit, Bone. Sniegoski collaborated with Bone creator Jeff Smith on the prequel, making him the only writer Smith has ever asked to work on those characters. Sniegoski and Golden also wrote the graphic novel BPRD: Hollow Earth, a spinoff from Hellboy.

Sniegoski was born and raised in Massachusetts, where he still lives with his wife LeeAnne and their Labrador Retriever, Mulder. Tom recently completed the new young adult novel, Legacy, which is set to be released in October of 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release Day Blitz: #Giveaway #Win @RivetedLit ZERO REPEAT FOREVER by Gabrielle Prendergast ~ Review